CINCINNATI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE: CBB) is pleased to announce a fiber-based Distributed Antenna System (DAS) solution that delivers in-building cellular coverage with strong, reliable connectivity.
The Cincinnati Bell DAS solution is designed for organizations with large, multi-floor buildings and outdoor areas that lack reliable cell service. The solution supports multiple carriers and delivers:
- 5G-ready infrastructure that is scalable to meet growing usage needs while ensuring lower cost of ownership and the ability to use most available frequencies.
- Higher speeds and lower latency for organizations that are adopting a mobile-first approach for employees.
- Enhanced public safety through integration with most emergency notification systems and improved ability to call 911 throughout the building.
- Level of network reliability required for IoT and machine-to-machine learning solutions.
Cincinnati Bell and its subsidiary CBTS deliver efficient, scalable office communications systems and end-to-end IT solutions to enterprise customers across North America. Cincinnati Bell managed a wireless telephone network (Cincinnati Bell Wireless) in Greater Cincinnati until 2014, and has a deep pool of engineering talent with significant wireless experience. This group provides a small cell “turn-key” solution to a major wireless carrier, and is currently delivering the DAS solution to clients that include a Fortune 50 organization.
The DAS solution is particularly timely as 5G technology continues to expand across North America. While faster, 5G creates connectivity challenges for in-building coverage. DAS helps ensure robust cellular coverage that will keep employees connected, and allow organizations to leverage smart devices and sensors in large buildings and open spaces.
“Cincinnati Bell understands that mobility is mission-critical for organizations that require employees to work in multiple locations throughout the day,” said Tom Simpson, Chief Operating Officer of Cincinnati Bell. “The Cincinnati Bell DAS solution delivers seamless connectivity whether a mobile user is connected to the network inside the work location, or the macro network outside of the building, and is designed to integrate with future technologies such as 5G.”
The Cincinnati Bell DAS solution is available as a service and includes:
- Custom design and engineering.
- Management of installation.
- Carrier on-boarding and management.
- Turn up of network with close-out package.
- Ongoing 24x7x365 monitoring support with monthly status reporting.
- Flexible financing options that include optional upfront CapEx, or a monthly OpEx service fee.
To learn more about the Cincinnati Bell DAS solution, please click on this link.
About Cincinnati Bell Inc.
With headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE: CBB) delivers integrated communications solutions to residential and business customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks including high-speed internet, video, voice and data. Cincinnati Bell provides service in areas of Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Hawaii. In addition, enterprise customers across the United States and Canada rely on CBTS and OnX, wholly-owned subsidiaries, for efficient, scalable office communications systems and end-to-end IT solutions. For more information, please visit www.cincinnatibell.com. The information on the Company’s website is not incorporated by reference in this press release.
CBTS serves enterprise and midmarket clients in all industries across the United States and Canada. From Unified Communications to Cloud Services and beyond, CBTS combines deep technical expertise with a full suite of flexible technology solutions that drive business outcomes, improve operational efficiency, mitigate risk, and reduce costs for its clients. For more information, please visit www.cbts.com.